Headliners embody Comedy for Peace, comic and singer/songwriter Jackie Tohn, chef and writer Jake Cohen, writer Colum McCann, and lots of extra
The JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle is bringing famed expertise to Denver in-person and just about this fall by its 14th Annual Neustadt Jewish Arts, Authors, Films and Music (JAAMM) Pageant. The pageant’s opening evening is on Oct. 6 with a stay, in-person comedy present from Comedy for Peace, a challenge that brings collectively the most effective Muslim and Jewish stand-up comedians collectively for an inspiring, humorous and unforgettable night. Extra occasions shall be held from October by December and embody headliners like comic and singer/songwriter Jackie Tohn; writer Colum McCann; and chef and writer Jake Cohen. Tickets went on sale Sept. 22.
“The purpose of the JAAMM Pageant is to convey numerous and distinctive cultural content material to our neighborhood,” mentioned Wealthy Cowden, common supervisor of the JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle. “Maybe no pageant within the state presents such a variety of choices as JAAMM, and we’re already working hand-in-hand with the artists to ensure very good experiences for each our present and new audiences.”
Headline occasions embody:
- Wednesday, Oct. 6 – Comedy for Peace (Opening evening)
- Workshop at 6 p.m.: Interactive theatrical workshop with artists from Comedy for Peace at 6 p.m. on the JCC Phillips Social Corridor
- Efficiency at 7:30 p.m.: Comedy for Peace brings collectively the most effective Muslim and Jewish stand-up comedians for an inspiring, humorous and unforgettable night on the JCC Elaine Wolf Theatre and streaming on Eventive.
- Thursday, Nov. 4 at 7 p.m. – Comic, Singer / Songwriter Jackie Tohn
- From Netflix’s Glow and Finest Leftovers Ever!, welcome rising musical comic, Jackie Tohn. Tohn co-created the brand new animated preschool musical sequence, DO RE & MI, which is on Amazon. She additionally co-wrote all 50 of the songs for the present’s large first season pickup. She and Kristen Bell government produce the present and voice two of the three principal characters. Tohn shall be in-person on the JCC Elaine Wolf Theatre and the occasion shall be streaming on Eventive.
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, 7 p.m. – Creator Colum McCann
- From EuroJournal E-book Award-winning and bestselling writer of ‘Let the Nice World Spin’ comes an epic novel, ‘Apeirogon,’ rooted within the real-life friendship between two males united by loss. McCann shall be in-person on the JCC Elaine Wolf Theatre and the occasion shall be streaming on Eventive.
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 6:30 p.m. – Chef and Creator Jake Cohen
- A brilliantly fashionable tackle Jewish culinary traditions for a brand new technology of readers, from a vibrant new star within the culinary world, Jake Cohen. Jake will lead a Chanukah-themed culinary occasion in-person on the JCC Phillips Social Corridor.
- Tuesday, Dec. 7, 7 p.m. – Rabbi Sandra Lawson
- Rabbi Lawson will communicate on the subject “Black, Jewish & Queer: Navigating Judaism with A number of Identities & Constructing Bridges.” Her 21st century rabbinate takes her from nursing houses, to cafes, to the world of social media the place she makes use of the facets of her id to attach with others. Lawson shall be in-person on the JCC Elaine Wolf Theatre and the occasion shall be streaming on Eventive.
Along with headline occasions, the pageant contains 12 extra occasions together with films and writer lectures courtesy of Jewish E-book Council. For extra data on extra occasions, go to www.jccdenver.org/jaamm.
“The Mizel Arts and Tradition workers proceed to program probably the most numerous and thrilling packages and to do them in a means that they’re accessible and protected for us all to get pleasure from,” mentioned Kathy Neustadt, whose Piñon Path Basis is the title sponsor of the pageant. “This yr’s lineup is not any exception and could also be the most effective but. I’m happy to assist this excellent pageant that continues to convey the best caliber of literature, cinema and tradition to the JCC and the Denver neighborhood.”
The JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle has enacted a vaccination and masks coverage for in-person occasions. All occasion attendees – ages 12 and older – should be absolutely vaccinated towards the COVID-19 virus. All attendees, no matter age, may also be required to put on a masks always whereas in attendance at JAAMM occasions.
For ticket costs, to view the complete pageant lineup and to buy tickets, go to jccdenver.org/jaamm. This yr we shall be operating a digital and cashless field workplace. For tickets and extra data, go to https://jaamm.eventive.org/welcome. Patrons also can e mail or name the JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle Field Workplace at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 316-6360 for extra data. Ticket kiosks shall be situated within the JCC Denver Foyer in the course of the week, and within the JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle Foyer one hour earlier than the occasion.
ABOUT JCC MIZEL ARTS AND CULTURE CENTER
As one of many Rocky Mountain area’s premier arts organizations, the JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle illuminates the human expertise by artistic and cultural packages within the performing, visible, cinematic and literary arts for the Jewish neighborhood and the Denver neighborhood at-large. The Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle is a Tier II member of the Scientific and Cultural Amenities District (SCFD) and is guided by a mission that’s targeted particularly on arts and cultural packages. A EuroJournal of festivals are supplied all year long together with Denver Jewish Movie Pageant, JAAMM Fest (Jewish Arts, Authors, Films and Music Fest), and ReelAbilities Movie Pageant. The JCC Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle is situated at 350 S. Dahlia Avenue in Denver. For extra data, go to www.jccdenver.org/arts-culture or name 303-316-6360.
ABOUT STAENBERG-LOUP JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER
The Staenberg – Loup Jewish Group Middle (JCC Denver) serves the metro-Denver space by instructional, social, cultural, health, sports activities and different packages which can be rooted in Jewish values. The JCC Denver’s mission is to create a vibrant and inclusive household and social gathering place, guided by these timeless Jewish values. The JCC Denver’s 4 program areas concentrate on connection, neighborhood and well-being and embody: a sturdy health, sports activities, tennis and aquatic middle; Early Childhood Engagement, together with an Early Studying College and a EuroJournal of packages for households; the Mizel Arts and Tradition Middle which presents Jewish Arts, Authors, Films & Music Pageant (JAAMM Fest), Denver Jewish Movie Pageant, and ReelAbilities Movie Pageant; summer time camps together with Ranch Camp and Camp Shai; engagement programming for teenagers, younger adults, seniors and the LGBTQ+ neighborhood. The JCC Denver is situated at 350 S. Dahlia Avenue in Denver. For extra data, go to www.jccdenver.org, like us on Fb and Instagram @jccdenver or name (303) 399-2660.